Risk Prevention Tips
Pay Attention to the Trees in Your Yard
Summer can bring wild weather that can bring down trees and limbs causing damage to your home. Be sure to:
- Remove dead trees or limbs that are close to your house.
- Clean gutters to reduce chance of clogs that can cause water damage.
- Do not plant trees near sewer or water lines.
- Consult an arborist for help trimming trees near power lines.
- Use caution with ladders and power tools when trimming or cutting trees.
How to Safeguard Your Jewelry
To protect your valuables, be sure to:
- Get an appraisal done on high value items and keep it in a safe place.
- Take out insurance policy on your jewelry. This may be possible through your homeowners insurance policy.
- Keep a detailed inventory list of all of your jewelry. Photographs and receipts are helpful as well.
- Purchase a fireproof safe.
- Keep jewelry in inconspicuous locations in your home.
- Do not pack valuable jewelry in your checked luggage when you travel.